The real, original Cardio-Poussette: often imitated, but never equalled
Working out in the company of your baby and other moms
We know you want the best for you and your baby. What could be better than trusting the founders of the movement who chose to focus on the well-being of these women who are living a very special time in their life?
What is it?
When choosing our programs, Cardio-Pousette enthusiasts know they are in good hands. Session after session, they share their experience, punctuated with great joys and little concerns with other moms. With the support and collaboration of specialized doctors from the Sainte-Justine hospital and experts in maternal health, Cardio Plein Air created Cardio-Poussette, a program whose main concern is the safety of the mother and her baby.
Statistical improvements (%)
How does it work?
Designed for new mothers who push their children with a stroller (sled in winter), this cardiovascular and strength training program requires no jumping. Recommended by many pelvic floor rehabilitation physiotherapists, the workout banks on postural alignment and targets the right abdominal exercises. In addition, our coaches trained in post-natal fitness check, with each participant, the diastasis of the rectus caused by pregnancy.
* Please note that babies must be aged at least 2 weeks (in case of uncomplicated delivery) or 6 to 8 weeks (in case of caesarean delivery or with complications), up to about 12 months.
- Exercise mat
- Elastic band
- Stroller or carriage
- Sled (in winter)
- Promotes loss of excess weight gained in pregnancy
- Increases energy levels
- Promotes better sleep
- Reduces the duration and intensity of post-partum depression
- Decreases back pain by improving postural alignment
- Minimizes incontinence through pelvic floor toning exercises
- Contributes to the development of new friendships, exchanges with other moms who live the same realities
- Eliminates childcare costs